Hello, neighbors! I am writing to you today from inside the chic new library on Adams Street in DUMBO, overlooking the East River. Have a good Thursday – Dashiell
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Usually sunny and warm. High: 74 Low: 59.
Here are the best stories today in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO:
- You are apparently not alone if you think that DUMBO should become its own city. The DUMBO Submission introduces its own currency–DUMBO dollars–Redeemable from local businesses and aimed at encouraging workers to return to their offices. The district is home to more than 500 technological and creative companies. (Brooklyn eagle)
- Brooklyn roasting company is back. After the closure of its flagship location in DUMBO last year and declaring bankruptcy due to pandemic-related losses, the local coffee supplier announced it would reopen, this time in Brooklyn Heights, in the 38-story luxury condos at A Clinton. (Commercial Observer)
- Rail service was briefly delayed yesterday on the Lines F and G after a person was struck by a train at the Hoyt-Schermerhorn station in Brooklyn downtown. (Brooklyn Shield)
today Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO Daily is brought to you through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Thinking of buying or refinancing a home? Here’s what you need to know about the five types of mortgages (and which one is best for you). Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO:
- Virtual Hatha Yoga with the YMCA (12h00)
- Hours of operation at the Environmental Education Center in Brooklyn Bridge Park (3 p.m.)
- Amp’d with Chelsea Piers Fitness on Pier 2 Turf (6:00 p.m.)
- BRIC JazzFest: Back at BRIC House on Fulton St. (7:00 p.m.)
Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO Patch Notepad
- Senator Kavanagh and MP Simon No North Brooklyn Pipeline said: “Approving fossil fuel projects from National Grid to BK is contrary to our climate goals.” (Twitter)
- Atlantic Avenue local development company: “Don’t worry, we still have Atlantic Antic ™ t-shirts! Get this special commemorative coin, designed by artist Adam Suerte before they’re all gone. DM or email pr @ atlanticave .org to purchase it. ” (Facebook)
- The Democratic city council hopes District 33 Lincoln Restler is recruiting staff for its new office. (Twitter)
- Brooklyn Heights Life: “Ever since we lost our Brooklyn Heights butcher on Clark St, @staubitzmarket saved us! Visit him at 222 Court Street. “(Instagram)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Office and Home Furniture Clearance Sale (October 23)
- 9 Rounds of Pink – A Breast Cancer Awareness Fitness Event (October 24)
- Cast iron kitchen with award-winning cookbook writer Joanna Pruess. (October 26)
- Smith Street Arts et Lettres – Open House (October 27)
- Add your event
- 60 and over and Hispanic? Get paid for your opinions on a project. (Details)
- Behind the Dash – Lady Racing Drivers Need a Financial Boost (Details)
- Add your ad
Alright, all is well for today. See you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Dashiell Allen
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.